I have no agenda, strategy, or outline for these posts … just talking with my friends in Lake County. So, I get asked the question out here, “What are you going to do when you get to Ohio?” Let me share one of my (most important) answers. I’ll Be Listening. No really, I want to hear, learn, really listen to you. Let me be more specific:
What I don’t want to Listen to –
1. I don’t want to listen to people complaing about what they don’t like about the church.
2. I don’t want to listen to complaints or criticism about leaders, past or present.
3. I don’t want to listen to selfish agendas for church programs that don’t really help us move forward in reaching a lost world.
4. I don’t want to listen to ANY bad-mouthing the Anaheim Angels.
5. I don’t want to listen to you making apologies for the weather 🙂 I know what I’m getting into … and am excited about it!
What I really want to Listen to –
1. Your Story. How God has been at work in your life to rescue you, transform you, and make you into the person you are. I want to hear the stories of God doing what He does best – graciously changing lives.
2. Your Dreams. I want to hear what you’re burdened for in the world. I want to hear how you think the gifts and resources of Leroy can be used to accomplish great things for the Kingdom.
3. Your Struggles. I don’t expect perfect people, nor run from the humanity of personal pain. I want to hear how your own sin is driving you to love Christ more, need Him more, desperate for His grace, so that together we can delight in His promises to grow us!
4. Your View. I have ideas, opinions, and experiences that have shaped who I am and how I view the world, I want to hear how you view the world, how you think about justice and compassion. We won’t agree on all those things, but we will only grow in love for one another as we understand each others perspectives.
So, get ready to speak … I’m listening